Sunday, June 26, 2011

Journey Through the Psalms: Day 26

*Today's reading: Psalms 26, 56, 86, 116, 146*

"O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help."  Psalms 86:5


This verse jumped out and off the page as I was reading today. God is READY for forgive. If He is ready, WHAT AM I WAITING FOR? And if I am to reflect the image of my FATHER, then shouldn't I, too, be ready to forgive. Shouldn't I be full of unfailing love for all who ask for my help? In a society that preaches and teaches "independence," as a Christian it can be very easy to forget that our earthly relationships should reflect our heavenly relationship! You never know when God will place you in position to help someone else or when someone will come sincerely seeking your forgiveness (and vice versa, for that matter)! When either of those things happen, will you be ready?


Lord, thank You for Your unfailing love and readiness to forgive. For this I will forever praise You!


"Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great."  Psalm 86:11-13







Tomorrow's reading: Psalms 27, 57, 87, 117, 147

No comments: