Saturday, June 25, 2011

Journey Through the Psalms: Day 25

*Today's reading: Psalms 25, 55, 85, 115, 145*

"O Israel, trust the Lord! He is your helper and your shield. O priests, descendants of Aaron, trust the Lord! He is your helper and your shield. All you who fear the Lord, trust the Lord! He is your helper and your shield."  Psalm 115:9-11

We serve the true and LIVING God, not some lifeless idol (read Psalm 115:1-8). "No one can measure his greatness," as David says in Psalm 145:3. So as I read through today's chapters and asked the Lord what He wanted to show me, He simply said "you can TRUST ME!" When I cry out to God, I trust that He hears me. When going through trials, I trust that He will see me to victory. When I'm victorious, I trust that He rejoices with me. When I move to new places and am around new faces, I trust that He'll provide for me. When I'm being treated poorly, I trust that He'll protect me and guide me to safety. I can trust Him in anything. This truly ties in with yesterday's reading for me because even as I think about belonging to Him (because the earth and its fullness is His) I know I can trust that He will take care of me. And because of that, I will share the story of His wonderful goodness and sing with joy about His righteousness (Psalm 145:7)!


"Oh Lord, I give my life to you. I trust in you, my God." Psalm 25:1

No comments: