Friday, June 24, 2011

Journey Through the Psalms: Day 24

*Today's reading: Psalms 24, 54, 84, 114, 144*
I know, I know...you're all wondering "what happened to days 1-23?" LOL

A few of you may remember me sending out a message to join me and a few of my lovely brothers and sisters in Christ on a reading journey through Psalms. I was without Internet for a while (and I have the difficulties posting frommy Blackberry), but I've been keeping up with the readings! Our journey began on June 1. We read the Psalm of the sameday of the month, then every 30 Psalms. June first we read Ps 1, 31, 61, 91, 121. Instructions were to read for inspiration not content. Find a theme for each day from a word of image that stands out to you. Share it with us. Don't interpret; just reflect on the heart of God.

What struck me the most from today's reading was God being in control of everything. Psalm 24:1 says "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;". I am part of that EVERYTHING! And because I'm His, I rest in knowing He has every situation already worked out for my good. In Him I am sustained (Ps. 54:4)...I can lean on him and He keeps me, and in my weakness He grabs me and carries me to victory! The best part (for me, at least) is knowing that when I open myself to Him, I allow His magnificant glory into my life (read Psalm 24: 7-10). What an amazing feeling to have Him fill every ounce of my being!


Father, I'm truly blessed just in knowing that I belong to you!  :-)

No comments: