Tuesday, June 2, 2009

God speaks no matter where you are. Are you listening?

I've owned MaryMary's lasted album "The Sound" for about three months now, but every time I play the CD I'm jamming as if it's my first time hearing it. Tonight, it was as if I was hearing it for the first tim . . . or more so that God revealed something new to me!

On the track "Superfriend," rapper David Banner spits this line: "there's. . .no lie that can be told that can separate the power that you have over my soul..."(The "you," obviously, refers to God.)

This line stuck with me more so tonight than any other because recently in my women's Bible study class we've been discussing the truths of God verses the lies that this world disguised as some sort of "truth" (that's just putting it lightly). One of the questions that our teacher proposed to us last week was "what lies are you believing?"

But, as I listened to this one verse, God took that question a step farther and dropped into my spirit the thought . . . when will we, as believers, stop ALLOWING the enemy's lies to hinder, build a wedge between, or even destroy our relationship with God?

We talk about how awesome and great our God is, but are we being doers of the word (James 1:22), or are we deceiving ourselves by being hearers only?



"To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness to truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."
John 18:37 (KJV)

No comments: