Thursday, June 30, 2011

Journey Through the Psalms: Day 29

*Today's reading: Psalms 29, 59, 89, 119, 149*

"My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees."  Psalm 119:71 (New Living Translation)


The more I read the Psalms that David wrote, the more I'm convinced that THAT dude has some serious emotional issues! LOL. Sorry, but that's the honest truth! And that truly was my initial thought as I read through today's Psalms (and remember some of the others I've read in the last month). BUT...(yes, there's a "BUT"), God called him a man after His own heart. When I read the above verse, that thought immediately popped into my head. David (and the other psalmists) had such a spirit of worship and praise for God no matter what was happening around them or to them!! And, like David, our humanity can get the best of us sometimes. When we feel overwhelmed and overloaded by certain circumstances, we can feel like God is angry with us about something (or getting us back for something we did wrong). When certain people wrong us or annoy us in any way, a common reactionary prayer is usually for God to remove that person from around us. Yeah, we've all been there! But if we really PAY ATTENTION to God's purpose in certain situations, we see the lesson to be learned! And when we live by His word, when can see the good that God intended!!

We serve a loving and gracious God that has only our best interests at heart. Even when going though tough situations, or dealing with people that seem to be hunting you down to harm you, there's a lesson in there somewhere for us to learn. Lord, help me to pay close attention to the difficult situations and circumstances that You allow in my life. Help me remember Your word even in those times and let it be a comfort and encouragement and fuel for my fire in my walk with You! Your word truly is a lamp to my feet and a light on my pathway. I praise you for your marvelous Light.



"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."  Psalm 119:105  (New Living Translation)




*Tomorrow's reading: Psalms 30, 60, 90, 120, 150*

No comments: