Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One body; Many members!

The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. 
1 Corinthians 12:12 (New Living Translation)



This past weekend I enjoyed an awesome reunion with my Modlin family! For three days we ate, laughed and enjoyed each others company. Some relatives I see once a year, others once every few years. With my move quickly approaching (I have about 3 more weeks) I definitely wanted to see as many relatives as possible. I always get a good laugh when I'm around them!

But, as always, the Lord used this weekend to remind me who He is and His purpose for our lives! As I watched my relatives interact with each other (yeah, I'm an observer, lol) God reminded me of the the scriptures in 1 Corinthians 12, where Paul's speaks about the body of Christ being one body with many different parts. Everyone has a unique position in the body with a unique set of functionalities and gifting. But how strange it would be if every part carried out the same function (see 1 Corinthians 12:14-17). God has gifted my family with so many different talents and it's absolutely amazing to see how we get things accomplished!

My Grandpa Bobby (a.k.a. Bob The Builder, pictured above) is truly gifted with his hands. Not only can he build things, he can cook, too! This past Friday, he was in charge of frying fish for us. Not only did he do a GREAT job cooking...he also built the table that held all of his supplies! LOL. Above all, he has a servant's heart. He is willing to help wherever and whenever he can. He's a true blessing to our family!

My mom has the gift of administration...at least that's what I saw this weekend. She organized the weekend and was the MC for our functions Saturday and Sunday. She kept the kids occupied with games and such on Saturday, which was my favorite! And, she jumped in and joined the fun, too. That's her, in the picture right, pulling at the very end of the rope during a game of Tug of War.

This post could go on for days if I listed all the gifts of all my family members. But, you get the idea! It doesn't surprise me anymore when I look at the life around me and am reminded of the Scriptures...but if definitely puts an awe and praise in my spirit as I marvel at the wonder and beauty of God's creation. We really are a creation wonderfully made and adequately equipped! Are you using the gifts God gave you?? If not, get to it! Home with your family is a great place to start!

No comments: